I’ve been talking about the idea of AI taking the role of a personal assistant in people’s lives with friends and coworkers since the boom of AI in recent months. This looks like the first practical application I’ve seen of that idea, have a watch if you haven’t already:
Okay, so what’s so cool about this idea? Let’s break it down:
- I agree with moving away from the app model
- If anything, I see apps as just their core function, everything else is extraneous
- I’d actually be happier if every app was just a series of APIs I can plug into
- This is the first application I’ve seen of an OS that moves to simply a command:reponse function
- The camera looking at what you’re looking at fits directly into my future vision of phones: phone as a translation layer.